Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 SATA ahci NCQ erros on Jmicron 20360/20363 (JMB363) kernel 2.6.25-2 Debian/Lenny

Hi

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Try new motherboard of same brand and model :/

Well, it is probably right time to try to get replacement motherboard
from store.

> In general, tons of ATA bus errors and SError complaints indicate some
> sort of problem at the physical layer/level.  Its always possible that
> software is to blame, but bug report patterns so far tend to point to
> hardware.

I think I got indirect confirmation of possible motherboard defect.
There are 2 sata ports managed by JMB363: GSATAII-1 and  GSATAII-2. I
found out that kernel errors appear only if I use GSATAII-1. If I
connect my drive to the GSATAII-2, there are no errors anymore.

Also, Seagate testing utility Seatools for DOS 2.07PG (bootable iso) is
hanging at startup even without connected sata drive, which also
indicates some motherboard problem (or again, utility problem). Seagate
support does not tell anything except something like "it should work"...

Thanks everybody for support.
--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov