Re: Driver for Promise PDC42819 SATA/SAS controller

Mikael Pettersson wrote:
Mark Nelson writes:
 > > But without docs or a reference driver I cannot really say what it
 > > would take to support it, sorry.
> > Yeah, I figured as much after reading that hardware docs
 > are only available under NDA... I do have Promise's "partial
 > open source driver" all working with the controller; but I
 > don't think that's what you meant by reference driver, is it?

No. Promise's partial-source drivers sometimes contain some useful
information, like register definitions, but the only useful info
in the TX4650 driver is the PCI ID list for the T3 chip family.

FWIW there's always the chance it belongs to drivers/scsi/stex.c...

	Jeff