re: Initio 1623 driver question

I've compiled and installed the 2.6.26.2 kernel.

Best regards,
Matthieu

Matthieu Helder wrote:
> Dear Tejun,
>

> I've experiencing a problem for which I searched many forums, but to no
> avail yet, so I decided to ask you.
> I'm trying to install two Western Digital sata disks (750 GB each) with
> a PCI sata-controller that uses the Initio 1623 chipset. Operating
> system is SuSe 11.
> The PC is an Compaq deskpro something with a Celeron and 512 MB of ram.
> It boots from a 10 GB ata disk.
>
> The problem is that the controller card seems to be recognized
> correctly, the kernel module gets loaded and all, but the two disks are
> not detected: sata link down.
> I'm using your sata_inic162x driver module, the version that contains
> lba48 support.
> Do you have any idea what can be the case? At least I have the
> impression that the BIOS doesn't support lba48, could that be it? Below
> you'll find the output of some (hopefully relevant) commands.

Can you please cc linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>? And can you try to roll your own kernel 2.6.26.2 <http://2.6.26.2> for the system so that we can try patches?
Maybe the reset timing is too aggressive.

Thanks.