Re: Issue with AHCI driver

the4hoffmans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We do have the AHCI class code - PCI offset 09h = 010601h.  We are detected as an AHCI controller under Vista.  I even tried adding our vendor/device id to ahci.c but that didn't make any difference.  Is there something else I'm missing?

A little background...

We have a PCIe plug-in card that identifies itself as an AHCI controller as mentioned above.  We used a PCIe analyzer card to look at traffic as we booted Linux (build 2.6.19).  We saw various PCI reads & writes as the system initialized PCI resources but we never saw what would amount to an 'Identify Device' command which I'm assuming the libata driver should do.  Any ideas?

Turn on debugging (top of include/linux/libata.h), and show us that output.

As Tejun noted, every vendor that claims full AHCI compatibility works with the Linux AHCI driver just fine. A couple vendors that are not fully compatible (Marvell, ACard) need some tweaks due to non-standard register and operational differences.

	Jeff