Re: Re : dvd-9 trouble with TSSTcorp SH-S203D

Sébastien wrote:
> Here's attached file of config 2.6.27-rc1 and System-map 2.6.27-rc1
> and lspci -nn and dmesg before mount and after mount (-t udf /dev/sr0
> fool)
>
> I re-compile a fresh kernel : HW Bug re-appear. It had been
> diseappered with 2.6.26 and re-appeared with that new fresh kern
> 2.6.27-rc1 : perhaps a mistaken comipile option. However with that
> 2.6.26, HW Bug only disappeared when "Native IDE" was set in Bios
> SATA OnChip option.

That message is harmless and it showing up or not probably means your
controller is behaving slightly differently and is most likely random.
As long as the detection works out, it's okay.  Maybe we need to make
the message friendlier.

> Changed nearly nothing when compiling that new kern, i.e. :
>
> make mrproper make menuconfig
>
> --> Change Generic x86_64 to Opteron/Athlon64/Hammer/K8
>
> --> Exit
>
> then, make-kpg with initrd enabled.
>
> I was pretty sure that the trouble would still appear with
> 2.6.27-rc1, but didn't exept HW Bug again. error message is part of
> diff before-mount after-mount, i.e. : end_request: I/O error, dev
> sr0, sector 11697200

Hmm.. Strange, no ATA error message nor past the end of the device
message.  I wonder where that error comes from.  Is the DVD accessible
at all after mounting?  We had several UDF related reports and IIRC
those haven't been resolved.  Maybe you're seeing the same problem.

> You can have an ssh -l root on that Debian unstable GNU/linux box if
> it can help you.

Yeah, I'm attaching my public key.  Please send me the login information.

Thanks.

--
tejun