Re: [RFC] Separating out libata out of SCSI (finally)

On 2008/06/24 10:58 (GMT-0400) Greg Freemyer apparently typed:

> From my limited perspective, every complaint I've seen was related to
> OpenSUSE which I believe is a udev based distro, so addressing this
> for the udev based distros would address that contingent of users.

I think OpenSUSE users are just more vocal, but basically the contingent of
those with a problem from no >15 access is heavily weighted with
multibooters, whether they use OpenSUSE, Mandriva, *buntu or whatever. Fedora
seems to have pushed most of its users into LVM, but I don't think LVM has
caught or will catch on for the rest of the multibooters.

None of the distros I've first used in the past 2+ years (probably longer, I
just don't remember when I didn't see udev last) has failed to include udev.

Until now at least I've been able to avoid doing any hardware upgrading that
would force me into using only SATA. I have only one out of about 25 working
systems with SATA exclusively. It I use virtually exclusively for OS/2 (you
remember, the ancient and "dead" OS), and it currently has 50 partitions on
disk 1, and 19 on disk 2.
--
"Where were you when I laid the earth's
foundation?"		       Matthew 7:12 NIV