Re: sata_mv on Orion: mv_err_intr when shutting down

Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 15 June 2008, Tejun Heo wrote:
The interesting thing here is that sata_mv can see the disk going off
the power, which is kind of cool.  The controller and CPU are watching
itself as it goes off the life support and is drifting awaaaaaayyyy.

The PSU has switched off and power to the drive was cut.  I don't think
anything can go wrong at that point.

What I still find most interesting is that with 2.6.25 the extra message(s) do not appear and the poweroff is "clean". And that it affects 2 different systems where one seems to live on just a bit longer than the other. So it does look as if something _has_ changed.

I'll probably do a bisect to see if I can discover what/where/why...
..

Sure, go for it.

But I think that you will simply discover that,
the sata_mv driver now actually correctly detects/reports most errors,
which it didn't necessarily do in the past.

There were lots of EH bugfixes in sata_mv this time around.

Cheers