Re: Marvell 6141 on an ASUS M2N32-WS Motherboard

Brad Campbell wrote:
G'day all,

The archives tell of many tales of woe regarding this chip (which matches my experience).

I've added the PCI ID for it into the ahci driver, and provided I only use one of the ports it works (tho it's kinda slow). As per everyone elses experience, if I try and read from more than one port at one time the whole shooting match dies thusly..

Begin with modprobe ahci as it does not seem to support hotplug, so rmmod/plug drives/modprobe

[  798.035338] ahci 0000:08:00.0: version 3.0

Is there anyone interested in looking at this? I can leave the board on my bench for as long as it may be of use to someone for testing. If it's a lack of documentation or other issue that means there is no likelihood of a fix I'll go and install it.

Brad