Re: regarding crazy head unloads

Scott James Remnant wrote:
On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:36 +0900, Tejun Heo wrote:

Attached are storage-fixup script which is to be called during boot and resume and configuration file to go under /etc. The script can match dmi and hal properties and execute commands on the matching devices. The config file currently only contains three rules.

Could this not be done better inside HAL itself?

Could be. I really don't know about HAL. There were several problems w/ HAL and I had to drop HAL dependency tho. HAL depends on a lot of things and thus is started too late which makes it impossible to use in early stages of boot (e.g. single mode). Another problem was that HAL currently uses truncated ATA model ID string reported through SCSI layer. The updated version is in the following git tree.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tj/storage-fixup.git;a=shortlog;h=master

If there's any better way to deal with this, I'll be happy to drop the ugly script.

Thanks.

--
tejun