Re: SATA 2.4 ICH8

Hello Willie,

Attached is the patch you asked for (ICH8 SATA controller definition).
I have also supplied two other patches for 2.4.36.4

From the enclosed README :

"The following patches are for kernel 2.4.36.4 sources
obtained from kernel.org :

intel_sata_ich8.patch
This patches drivers/scsi/ata_piix.c
It allows the kernel to access a SATA drive on an Intel ICH8 controller
using the ich7 driver. This has been tested and it seems quite stable.

sigset_cast.patch
This patches include/linux/signal.h
There is an implicit cast from an integer to an
unsigned long (sigset_t) which causes compilers to generate warnings.
Different compilers could possibly produce different code.
This change has been tested over several years of use and is stable.

processor_colons_gcc-2.95.3.patch
This patches include/asm/processor.h
Sometime between 2.4.29 and 2.4.36.2 spaces were deleted between colons
which causes compiler gcc 2.95.3 to fail to parse the header
when compiling applications which include it.
Adding back the spaces solves the problem on gcc 2.95.3.
gcc 4.1.1 also compiles the kernel OK with this patch."

Cheers,
-Steve

Willy Tarreau wrote:
Hi Steve,