Re: ST31000340NS (1000G) Capacity equal 33MB issue.

Dear Mark:

2008/2/18, Mark Lord <liml@xxxxxx>:
> Mark Lord wrote:
> > Richard Liu wrote:
> ..
> >>   I downloaded hdparm-8.1
> >> and here is output information.
> >>
> >> # ./hdparm -N /dev/sdc
> >>
> >> /dev/sdc:
> >>  max sectors   = 65134/1953525168, HPA is enabled
> > ..
> >
> > Yes, pretty much as expected there.
> >
> > You can safely now try this:
> >
> >    ./hdparm -N1953525168 /dev/sdc
> >
> > If that works, it will have temporarily restored access to the entire
> > drive.
> > Then you can try to make it permanent by doing this:
> >
> >   ./hdparm -Np1953525168 /dev/sdc
> >
> > If *that* also works, then reboot and things should be fine,
> > unless your machine BIOS changes it back again on boot.. :/
> >
> > If either of those *fails*, then it is because your BIOS (or possibly
> > the system startup scripts) have "frozen" the configuration
> > to prevent changes.  Dunno why they would do that, but it's possible.
> >
> > In which case, you could move the drive to another machine temporarily,
> > and then issue that same command there.

I am very appreciate for your help.

Both command
./hdparm -N1953525168 /dev/sdc
and
./hdparm -Np1953525168 /dev/sdc
work fine.

I can get while 1000G disk space.

I tried to read/write some file (around 3G bytes) into the disk.
and uses md5 to verify data.
It seems no problem.

Thank you very much.

-