Re: Port Multiplier Patch 2.6.22.1 on Alpha

I decided to put the Norco 4618 card into the first PCI slot of my DS20.

It and the PMP support seem to like that location much better - I'm successfully creating an array at the moment (with not much apparent slowdown to the system).

I was able to move the graphics card to another slot (which for a period in the past was also limited to the first PCI slot).

Maybe this will make sense to some folks out there - thanks!

...tom

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Tom Evans wrote:
Have you heard of such and issue with the 3124-2/4276 combination?
Is anyone else trying this driver on an Alpha?

Alpha should not be operationally much different from other little endian 64-bit platforms.

The PCI swizzle might be weird (what is your Alpha platform?), is the only Alpha-specific thing that comes to mind.

I have similar such behavior before when using drivers that generate many unaligned accesses - I only have seen 2 places they occur in sata_sil24 and have fixed them myself, but that made no difference.

We definitely want to fix all these you find.  Please post more info...

Also, if you are highly motivated, I would love to see if other SATA cards have similar problems on Alpha...

    Jeff

-