Re: Serial ATA (SATA) shutdown info

I think Debian updated the shutdown utility in experimental/testing already
(and Gentoo seems to have a patch in portage, but it's masked). Every distro
is doing a different thing, but none of the support is anything people are
going to push to the current set of systems.

Part of the problem is everyone is basing "last year"'s distros off "last
year"'s kernels (2.6.18, 2.6.19, 2.6.20) which do not have the shutdown
changes. If you update to the very latest kernel, you are in fact on your
own.

Ubuntu Gutsy (about a month away), openSUSE 10.3 (about a month away) and
the next Fedora Core work fine, as they have a need to (affected kernel
and userland combination) but current distros like Etch, Hoary, 10.2 and
Fedora Core 7 just have no reason to update for the vast majority of
users and their unaffected standard kernels.

--
Matt Sealey <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Genesi, Manager, Developer Relations

Alex wrote:
I'm sorry, but another time the message appears, I don't understand, sorry but the shutdown isn't updated at Debian.

Alex
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/certificate.cgi/411619

Alex escribió:
Hi!

I'm Debian Linux distro user and when my computer go down it was saying to update my shutdown utility and this url: http://linux-ata.org/shutdown.html

I wrote this e-mail to you to inform that when I update the Debian distro yesterday (01-Sep-2007) the message disappears, if I'm not wrong Debian distro have now update the shutdown. If you confirm my words, can you update the part of the web that say there isn't any distro updated yet? Debian's user will be happy to update they distro's simply with apt-get utility ;)

Thanks!

Alex
http://counter.li.org/cgi-bin/certificate.cgi/411619

-