Re: Port Multiplier Patch 2.6.22.1 on Alpha

Thanks for the response Jeff !

Jeff Garzik wrote:

Alpha should not be operationally much different from other little endian 64-bit platforms.

The PCI swizzle might be weird (what is your Alpha platform?), is the only Alpha-specific thing that comes to mind.

I am using a DS20  (Tsunami / Goldrush).

I have similar such behavior before when using drivers that generate many unaligned accesses - I only have seen 2 places they occur in sata_sil24 and have fixed them myself, but that made no difference.

We definitely want to fix all these you find.  Please post more info...

In sil24_config_port, the writel's for /* zero error counters */ should be writew's - they are 16bit control registers. Only PORT_DECODE_ERR_THRESH and PORT_CRC_ERR_THRESH appear to be unaligned, but why risk a stl when a stw (on platforms that support it) can be used.
Also, if you are highly motivated, I would love to see if other SATA cards have similar problems on Alpha...

I'll need to find a computer store with a decent return policy, but I would consider doing it ....

...tom
-