Re: ATA_PIIX + SATA_MV -> kernel ate my HDD

Alan Cox schrieb:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:10:53 +0200
Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a device with Intel ICH4 IDE controller, and a Marvell SATA one.

The device has one IDE and five SATA drives connected.

Whcih devices are connected to what ports ?

1x 2 GB Transcend IDE "flash disk"
5x Western Digital WDC WD4000YR-01PLB0 SATA disks

But perhaps I didn't understand your question, did you mean which SATA ports?

The good thing is that after a reboot, the kernel can see all five SATA drives...

So perhaps it was a cosmic rays or alien sabotage. I did several reboots, and all drives are still there.

In the past, it never happened before.

The device is locked somewhere in the server room, so no one was doing anything nasty to it as I restarted into the new kernel.

Hmm.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org