Re: Marvell 6141 - Am I too early?

On Saturday 04 August 2007 12.11.48 I wrote:
> I have an Asus M2N32WS Pro motherboard (amd64), which has the Marvell 6141
> controller on board (1 eSata, 3 internal sata and one PATA).
>
> Well, I have been trying to get this controller to work, as I have a raid
> set of 9 disks to get going. But reading everything I can on the Marvell
> 6141 does not make me more clever exactly.. ;-)

Just to close this thread for people searching in the archives on this topic;

I have now tried different source trees on this, including the libata git
mv-ahci-pata branch and I can confirm that the sata on the Marvell 6141 or at
least on this motherboard does not work reliable with any simple PCI ID
patch, contrary to what some posts earlier this year may have indicated
elsewhere.

i.e. Yes I was to early ;-)

Cheers,

  - Micael