Re: CompactFlash and HD unhappy together on the same IDE channel

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:00:35 +1000
Malcolm Gillies <malcolm@xxxxxx> wrote:

> My PATA hard disk is crippled by CRC errors when it's on the same cable
> as a 1GB SanDisk Ultra II CompactFlash card in CF to IDE adaptor. Any
> ideas why?

I would guess the resulting pipe of cables and bits means you are out of
spec for UDMA66 speeds. The restrictions on cables are very tight and
dangling convertors off them is often enough to mess it up.

-