Re: AMD64 dma_alloc_coherent crashes on non PCI device (was SATA open bugs)

> If the device you're passing has a NULL dma_mask pointer that means the
> platform hasn't set it up correctly for dma ... and that's the

Well it may not do DMA.

> underlying problem (although it's not necessarily a libata problem): you
> can't call dma_ operations on a device that hasn't been set up in the
> platform for it.

Right.

Ok so what is the right way given a random *correctly* set up device that
may or may not be DMA capable to determine this. Its an arbitary device
pointer for an arbitary device class on an arbitary platform which may or
may not support DMA for this device class ?

Can I called dma_alloc_coherent and get a NULL back or do we need a
device_can_dma() check in each platform ?

Alan
-