Re: NV Cache Feature Support in libata

Did you refer to "HDIO_DRIVE_CMD ioctl" in old IDE code? I couldn't
get it working on libata.  Based on libata-scsi code, only PIO data in
and Non-data protocol are supported for HDIO_DRIVE_CMD while NV Cache
commands requires DMA based on ATA8 spec.

I tried to use ATA pass through command for NV Cache commands. For
instance,  I implemented Add LBA to Pinned Set command just like Write
DMA Extended with the differences in command, feature and LBA register
bit 0, but I got "protocol mismatch" error from device.

I would appreciate any information in regard to libata support on NV
Cache commands.

Thanks,
Fajun

-