RE: CF flash PATA on libata failure to attach

> You can certainly also thank Tejun and Jeff,
> for making libata so easy to tune with a one-liner liner like this!
>
> Per my other email -- did you try the legacy IDE driver
> instead of libata?  Can you provide a boot log from that for Tejun?

Too true.. thanks Tejun, Jeff and Alan also.. much appreciated..

I did try the legacy driver but couldn't get it to be detected at all. I
wasn't sure how to modify it (ide/pci/piix.c) to add the right PCI-ID but am
happy to get Tejun the dmesg if you can tell me how I derive the PCI-ID for
my hardware and where to add it. Also because this is IDE via SATA, when
disabling the libata drivers do I need to enable the old "Support for SATA"
compile option to get the device to be detected?

-