Re: YuLin: Where can I get the newest source of sata_sis?

Uwe Koziolek 写道:

>>> Asus is selling a P5X-MX SE motherboard with a SiS968
>>> southbridge. The SiS671 Northbridge is not intresting for the SATA-support.
>>> Currently it is only planned to support this chipset in
>>> AHCI-mode. You should select the AHCI mode for the SATA-ports in the
>>> BIOS. The ahci driver should support your board.
>>> kernel 2.6.20 should be sufficient.
>>> If this does not work, please provide the output of
>>> lspci -vvxxx and the selected mode for the SATA-port.
>>>

>>   new message:
>> SATA harddisk mode: IDE in BIOS
>> Port on SATA2 on motherboard failed. Dmesg said "ata2: SATA link down
>> (SStatus 0 SControl 0)".
>> Port on SATA1 on motherboard successed, found the harddisk and partitions.
>>
>> What is the difference between SATA1 port and SATA2 port on motherboard,
>> is it a number of SATA port or different SATA version?
>>

> The 966/968 has a primary and a secondary controller. Both controllers
> are connected with 2 SATA-ports,a master and a slave port. That is
> different to other SATA controllers.
>
> The secondary controller on your board is not connected with SATA-ports.
>
> The problem:
> Slave only configurations may not work.If you are only connecting the
> SATA-port 2, you have a slave only configuration.
> The ata2 in your dmesg is the unused secondary controller.
>

> I have retested the driver with SiS966 and kernel 2.6.22-rc3. It works
> correctly on my board on all ports.
>
> If you want to be sure that the disks are working
> Please use the master device (port 1 on your board)
> You can also try to use the kernel version i have tested.
>
> Uwe Koziolek

Hi, Uwe Koziolek

Thank you for your help.
Accroding to your advice, I thought there was some problem in enabling
the SATA2 port.
And then I get the infomation from sis in china, the port2_start=0x10,
so I added it into sata_sis in 2.6.18 and 2.6.20.

if(pci_get_device(PCI_VENDOR_ID_SI, 0x0966, NULL)) {
pci_read_config_dword(pdev, 0x64, &val);
if (val & 0x10000000) {
dev_printk(KERN_INFO, &pdev->dev, "Detected SiS 1182/1183/966L SATA
controller\n");
} else {
dev_printk(KERN_INFO, &pdev->dev, "Detected SiS 1182/1183/966 SATA
controller\n");
pi.flags |= ATA_FLAG_SLAVE_POSS;
}
} else
{
dev_printk(KERN_INFO, &pdev->dev, "Detected SiS 1183/968+ chipset\n");
port2_start = 0x10;
}

I dont know whether it is needed to make patch for official source code.
You Please.

Finally, thank you very much. Keep in touch.

yulin
-