Re: Fixing halt/shutdown for libata spindown handling

Tejun Heo wrote:
One thing I'm worried about is reimplement-suspend-resume (9666f400).
It hasn't received testing in -mm and got merged into -rc, so it would
be a good idea to wait for a week or two and see whether any regression
is caused by the change before applying it to distro kernel.

Thanks for all your help. I included all these patches in a release made last week and have only received positive feedback so far.

For anyone else interested, here are the patches backported to 2.6.21. A couple needed small rediffs, there were a couple more than originally described in the earlier mails (patch dependencies etc), but if you apply the following as a whole it seems to work nicely:

http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.21/2110_scsi-sd-printing.patch
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.21/2111_sd-start-stop.patch
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.21/2112_libata-suspend.patch
http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches/trunk/2.6.21/2113_libata-spindown-compat.patch