Re: [Fwd: - ide-remove-dma_base2-field-form-ide_hwif_t.patch removed from -mm tree]

Hello.

Jeremy Higdon wrote:

Alan and Andrew wanted me to coordinate the change with SGI before recasting this patch because the sgiioc4.c is the only real user of the
'dma_base2' field which the IDE maintaner wanted me to remove. The use of
this field in this driver doesn't seem necessary or even well grounded -- hwif_data seem to fit the task better... Will you ACK this change?

This patch won't apply with the line wrapping in the email.  Can you please
resend?  You can turn off the "format=flowed" tag in your mailer or send as
an attachment.

   Done, after being recast. Please ACK or NAK.

The field is necessary for proper operation of the driver.

My point is that there's better choice -- with hwif_data we can get rid of the typecasts. dma_base2 should just go away.

jeremy

WBR, Sergei
-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ide" in