Re: Errors and resets using sata_promise and libata 1.20

On 7/15/06, Sven Riedel <sr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Is there a patch somewhere that didn't make it into the kernel yet, that we
> >can try?
>
> No.  And it's quite unfortunate, as this bug prevents proper error handling
> by the SCSI layer, since libata doesn't accurately report what problem it
> saw.

Ok. Well, since I can duplicate the exact same error here consistently, I'll
grab 2.6.18rc1 and report back if I can reproduce the error there or not.

If you don't want to try the whole 2.6.18.rc1 kernel, the new EH is
available as a big patch for 2.6.17

Cut and paste from Tejun Heo's announcement on July 10:
===
Updated version available.

* Link resume handling in the previous version was broken causing libata
to ignore hotplug event after a link has been hot-unplugged.  Fixed.

* A few other hotplug related problems are fixed.

I expect this version to have well-behaving PMP and hotplug support. If
anything seems weird, please report.

More info can be found at the following URL.

http://home-tj.org/wiki/index.php/Libata-tj-stable

Updated patches against v2.6.17.4 are at the following URL.

http://home-tj.org/files/libata-tj-stable/libata-tj-2.6.17.4-20060710.tar.bz2
==

HTH
Greg