Re: ATA Pass-Through support

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 10:50:13AM -0600, Brian King wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
> >Quat Le wrote:
> >>Does anyone know of any SAS HBA vendor whose driver either uses libata
> >>or supports SATA Pass-Through SCSI commands in their own layer?
> >
> >Brian King, maintainer of the ipr driver, has posted patches which
> >integrate libata SATA support into his driver.  Merging those is on my
> >todo list, though I'm currently waiting on Tejun Heo's error handling
> >work before tackling that (and NCQ and hotplug...).
>
> Tejen,
>
> Is there anything I can do to help with the error handling work Jeff
> is referring to?

Hello, Brian.

The EH work is in the process of being merged into libata-dev
#upstream branch.  The merge process has slowed down a bit lately due
to bug fixes for 2.6.16 but it's still progressing pretty fast.  I
think/hope whole EH stuff can be merged during 2.6.17 process or
post-2.6.17 #upstream.  It shouldn't take too long.  We're just two or
three patchsets away (and all changes are living in my repository
happily although they are a bit rough).  So, please give it a few more
weeks.  We will be there.

Thanks.

--
tejun