Re: Linux 6.10

Dear all,

a little later than usual, here comes the update on Linux/ia64 for v6.10:

Well, nothing special to report in this cycle compared to the last cycle
(see last update on [1] for details).

[1]:
https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/d308ad95-bee4-4401-a6f5-27bcf5bcc52d@xxxxxx/

No new regressions were detected on any of the tested ia64 machines and
platforms (HP Sim on Ski) we have available for testing. Again no system
support was lost during this cycle. Everything works as expected.

Tomas maintains the ia64 patchset for Linux on [2] and is currently
working on some EPIC updates. Please note the new URL. You can always
find the per Linux release (candidate) source code used for regular
testing on [3]. Please use the `[...]-w-ia64` branches.

[2]: https://github.com/linux-ia64/linux-ia64/

[3]: https://github.com/johnny-mnemonic/linux-ia64/

****

In an earlier report I already mentioned our autobuilder that
cross-builds Linux stable releases and release candidates on x86 for
ia64 and also tests HP-Sim kernels within Ski (see [4] for an example
run). This continues to be helpful in detecting issues in stable kernels
early on and even catched two issues recently. But those two also were
the only ones found so far in the roughly 6 months this has been
established.

[4]: https://github.com/linux-ia64/linux-stable-rc/actions/runs/9984893242

To also better cover the new developments outside of the kernel, this
now got a commpanion autobuilder that cross-builds ia64 toolchain parts
for us with T2 based on the regular snapshots of binutils, gcc and glibc
(see [5] for an example run).

[5]:
https://github.com/johnny-mnemonic/toolchain-autobuilds/actions/runs/9984983546

****

No new additions to the selection of Linux distributions for ia64 this
time. In the meantime Debian on ia64 became history. Farewell.

****

Thank you all for your hard work on Linux!

Cheers,
Frank et al