How performance critical is fsys_rt_sigprocmask()?

Hi,

I'm looking at the code code in fsys_rt_sigprocmask() and I'm wondering
whether it really needs to be implemented in assembly. I recently posted
a patch series that converted code modifying current->blocked to use the
new set_current_blocked() helper but initially missed the code in
fsys_rt_sigprocmask() because it's not written in C.

It seems this sort of thing has happened before too, e.g. with the
ticket lock implementation as seen in commit f574c8431917 ("[IA64] fix
siglock"), presumably for the same reasons.

So I was wondering, from a code maintenance perspective, would it make
sense to delete the custom implementation of sys_rt_sigprocmask() and
use the generic one? Or does that function genuinely have a need to be
written in hand-optimised assembly?

--
Matt Fleming, Intel Open Source Technology Center