Re: Graphics support - ATI vs nVidia

Just to update my own email, I upgraded to Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex (Alpha 4 and now 5) which includes Xorg 1.5 and new Radeon drivers. It now works "out of
the box".

Glad to hear that things are now working for you ... but I'm confused
... I didn't think that Ubuntu had an Itanium edition.  A quick browse
of the Intrepid Ibex iso image area (now at Alpha 5) just showed i386
and amd64 iso images.

-Tony
--

Its almost like they want it a secret, could do with being a lot easier to find alright, but both the latest released version (8.04) and the Alpha in test (8.10 Intrepid Ibex) support IA64.

Docs:
https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/installation-guide/ia64/index.html

"Server" Install CD 8.04:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/8.04.1/release/ubuntu-8.04.1-server-ia64.iso
"Server CDs basically means you have to install Gnome/any GUI etc afterwards via Apt, no big deal.

To get to 8.10 Alpha 5 I just did a Dist Upgrade in 8.04, the packages are being actively built for IA64 even if a CD image hasnt been.

Alan