Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Re: ia64 kexec: xen -> linux

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 10:21:33AM +0800, Zou, Nanhai wrote:
> [...]

I'm not 100% sure what the issue with xen->linux and linux->xen is
either. However my theory is that it relates to the fact that in linux
PAGE_OFFSET is 0xe000..., while in Xen it is 0xf000..., and thus any
addressing setup using efi.set_virtual_address_map() in one would seem
to be invalid in the other.

In any case, the problem that I am seeing is that while linux->linux and
xen->xen (UP only for now) can be made to work, both xen->linux and
linux->xen halt when making an EFI call fairly early on in boot.

More specifically, it halts on a call to efi_gettimeofday()
which is backed by efi.get_time. Other than the call to
efi.set_virtual_address_map() I'm assuming that this is
more or less the first efi runtime call that is made.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/

-