EFI returning incorrect value?

   Hi all;

I've been trying to work through issues related to write combining on a Bull Ia64 system and something caught my attention. efi_range_is_wc returns a 0 - false or 1- true to say whether the address range is available for write combining.
   It calls efi_mem_attributes i.e.

   if(!(efi_mem_attributes(paddr) & EFI_MEMORY_WC))
           return 0;

However - the attribute returned from efi_mem_attributes is often 0 - which is defined as EFI_MEMORY_RUNTIME - or the range requires a runtime mapping. This doesn't seem to be what was wanted - unless EFI must have a mapping on this platform before WC is available for some reason.

   Can anyone enlighten me on this?
   ....JW

-