RSE and incomplete register frame

Hi there,

for an IA64 related question I dropped a query to ia64-technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx . However there was not really any helpful response. So please let me make use of the bigger audience on this list. Your comments are all welcome. Thanks.

Here the original text:
Hi,

while developing an instruction set simulator I found the chapter about incomplete register frame (ASDM vol. 2) to be inaccurate. It says that the incomplete frame becomes complete when RSE.ndirty_words becomes non-negative by executing mandatory RSE loads. However, mandatory RSE loads are not touching BSPSTORE or the dirty partition. RSE loads are extending the clean partition. Furthermore if you consider RSE.BOF to end up inside the clean partition after a br.ret or rfi, then BSPSTORE is located above BSP. However, the new current frame should be considered complete since there are no mandatory RSE loads needed. Given this, BSPSTORE should be replaced by RSE.Bspload, which is the true criterion for an incomplete register frame.

The practice when dealing with br.ret or rfi seems to be that BSPSTORE is forced to BSP when RSE.BOF is updated into the clean partition. However, this behavior is lacking documentation in one of the ASDM.

Christian