Re: [RFC 2/3] LVHPT - Setup LVHPT

Ian Wienand schrieb:

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:07:35AM +0200, Christian Hildner wrote:
Yes. So why not picking up Ken's idea of two parallel IVTs.

I have a version of this, which I've tried to post here but I think
the size limit here is very low.  It made it through to linux-mm

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-mm&m=114664224732618&w=2

or the patches are at

http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~ianw/lvhpt/patches/v2

It generates ivt.S using a little script.  Any feedback on this
approach welcome.

Ian,

I suggested a solution without having any script at all instead working with something like ivt.h containing macros for all common code and ivt_svhpt.S and ivt_lvhpt.S in parallel for specific code. It just might be more readable than your approach and both ways would be treated equal by the make process. Technically they are the same.

Christian

-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ia64" in