RE: Setup an IA64 specific reclaim distance

> RECLAIM_DISTANCE is compared against the largest node_distance() in the
> system in order to make the decision if zone_reclaim should be enabled for
> a system.
>
> node_distance() uses the SLIT talbe and is a dynamic value provided by
> each system.

So node_distance is a reasonably meaningful number (providing that the
SLIT table is a accurate representation of reality ... about which we
are at the mercy of the f/w writers).

But I'm still trying to see why RECLAIM_DISTANCE would be different for
ia64 systems from other architectures.  If 15 is the right number for
ia64, why is 20 the right number for powerpc?  What if I have a 4-node
NUMA system with a NUMA factor of 1.6?  SLIT =

10 16 16 16
16 10 16 16
16 16 10 16
16 16 16 10

Should I not use zone reclaim on this system?  But with factor=1.5
it would be OK?

-Tony
-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ia64" in