Re: Fix race in the accessed/dirty bit handlers

Luck, Tony wrote:

If another processor has a purge floating out there on the
bus at this time, it would be because that other processor
was making some change to this mapping.  In which case it
would have executed:

 *pte = new_value
 ptc

Are you saying that these events may become visible to the
processor that is executing the dirty_bit handler in either
order, so that you are worried we'll see the old *pte value
when we do the load, but miss the purge because we didn't
wait for the itc.d to complete before we did the load?

Yes, I should have said in this way.

Thanks,

Zoltan
-
: send the line "unsubscribe linux-ia64" in