Re: [PULL REQUEST] i2c-for-6.11-rc1

On Tue, 16 Jul 2024 at 02:03, Wolfram Sang <wsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most changes are in the merged requests for I2C host drivers and the
> at24 eeprom driver with their own explanations there.

Please don't do this.

What's the point of saying "all the explanations are somewhere else".
That's not the point of a pull request.

*I NEED TO KNOW*.

The explanation is why I would pull - without that explanation, why
should I bother with a deficient pull request?

Because this all is the whole point of a pull request, for chrissake!
You are requesting me to pull, and dammit, that means that you should
explain *WHY* I should pull.

Not this "there's an explanation for this elsewhere" crap.

That just makes me go "ok, so what, this pull request is garbage".

I have looked up said explanations, but next time I need to go look
for explanations I'm just going to ignore the pull request as clearly
just not worth bothering with.

Because I'm not AT ALL interested in getting pull requests that
basically say "I'm not going to even bother telling you why to pull".

And if you can't see that, I don't know what to say.

               Linus