Re: Potential bug in SMBus kernel module

Hi Jean,

On Tue, 2024-02-13 at 12:05 +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> Alexander, back when you contributed the code, you said the new command
> was long-time tested, so it's hard to believe it includes the bug
> reported by Piotr. Do you remember which Intel chipset you were using?
> Is the code you submitted exactly what you were using on the hardware,
> or is there a chance that you forgot one change when preparing the
> upstream submission?

from what I can tell, back than it was
"Intel® Xeon® D-1500 product family Integrated PCH Logic".

I'm not sure if it was WILDCATPOINT_SMBUS or LYNXPOINT_SMBUS,
it's nevertheless FEATURES_ICH5, means FEATURE_BLOCK_BUFFER.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the details of the tests, but the reason
is that I had to rely on a colleague for this, so I cannot explain
how this went unnoticed back than. Maybe the (incorrect) returned data
was irrelevant for his tests, I can only speculate.

I don't think there was a non-published downstream patch in play.

--
Alexander Sverdlin.