Re: i2c-dev mismatch with proprietary nvidia driver

Hi,

> At approximately line 41 of nvidia driver file nv-i2c.c, in function
> nv_i2c_algo_master_transfer(), there's an if-test for symbol I2C_M_DMA_SAFE.
> If the symbol is not defined, a call to the function with the bit set fails
> with error -EINVAL. The file includes "linux/i2c.h", so apparently there are
> versions of I2c.h in which the flag is undefined.

I2C_M_DMA_SAFE is a hint for controller drivers that the buffer is DMA
capable. It is not something the controller driver needs to support
actively. Bailing out on this flag is wrong. Do I need to mention that
such misconceptions are the super-downside of out-of-tree drivers? (I
know that you are only a user of this driver, so not your fault)

Happy hacking,

   Wolfram