i2c-imx.c: Unnecessary delay slowing down i2c communication

Hello I²C Driver Maintainers,

please excuse me if I am not following the right steps to report a question. I did not find consensus between all instructions that I read.

We noted that on the IMX i2c driver, at the i2c_imx_start funtion, some sleep/delay was introduced without any apparent reason:
Line 448 at:  https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc/commit/3a5ee18d2a32bda6b9a1260136f6805848e3839d
Line 528 at:  https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc/commit/2b899f34e1db9adef8716d07e872a800dfa60790
Line 200 at:  https://github.com/Freescale/linux-fslc/commit/43309f3b521302bb66c4c9e66704dd3675e4d725

This sleep causes a pretty big latency overhead on I²C writes and no IMX8MP document states the need of this delay on the controller. NXP Support also informed that this delay might not be needed.
Some early tests with removing this delay completely showed a great reduction on the write latency and no problems with the communication.

But since we want a stable and fast communication, I ask here again if someone knows the reason or the need for this delay when starting to communicate on the I2C bus.

I appreciate any response and if further information is needed, I can gladly report it.

Best regards,
Ian Dannapel
ian.dannapel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
iris-GmbH