i2c-tools does not work with AMD Cezanne APU's

After updating to a 5700G APU from a 2400G on my B450 board I am not
able to access i2c interfaces which is a blocking issue to use OpenRGB
on the DRAM and motherboard RGB controller (I am one of the developers
of OpenRGB).

I have opened an issue with the distribution that I am using and
multiple other users are seeing the same issue but I have not seen any
updates on the issue or request for more details so I am afraid that
it has just gone into the void. Full details here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1950062

I see the same issues when using the i2c-tools as well when I am
trying to read the DRAM so following the man page I would like to
report a bug using the i2c-tools with AMD Cezanne APU's.

Thanks for looking into this.

Regards, TheRogueZeta