[REF] Query regarding process call/repeated start in i2c driver

 Hello,

1. From I2C_AQ_COMB quirk it looks like if there are two messages in
single i2c_transfer api to i2c-core, it has to be repeated-start.
Is my understanding correct?

2. On calling smbus api for word read (non process call), it calls i2c
transfer api with two messages (emulation on i2c case). Now if 1 is
true we end up in repeated start case.
But this may not be expected by the i2c client.

Basically how to know from the i2c host/core driver, if the client
wants to use Repeated start or not?
Why don't we have a way where i2c client driver can call the i2c core
api with flag to indicate whether to use repeated-start or not?
(similar to protocolparameter in smbus api - can be set as
I2C_SMBUS_PROC_CALL for process call)

- Shivaraj