Re: i2c: removal of s6000 driver

Hi Oskar,

I might have asked you before, but do you still have the overlay for the S6000 somewhere laying around?

Thanks,
-Chris

On 5/23/14, 6:17 AM, Oskar Schirmer wrote:
Hi Wolfram,

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 13:30:29 +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:
I recently discovered that the I2C core of the S6000 is basically a
Designware IP core. For the latter we have a frequently used and updated
i2c driver while the S6000 driver seems to bitrot. My wish is to remove
the s6000 driver in favor of the DesignWare one. My question is if there
is someone who could test such a change on real hardware?
Grepping through sources, it looks to me like the only candidate in
mainline is the s6105, yet its defconfig doesn't even have I2C
activated? Can we remove this driver right away? Am I missing something?
Removing drivers without a replacement tested and running
doesn't make much sense, except one chooses to drop support
for the whole S6 thing right away. Which I don't support.

best regards,
   Oskar