ArchLinux ARM I2C concurrent support

Hello,

I need to know about the I2C device support for ArchLinux ARM.

* Generally, am somewhat familiar with the Linux everything-is-a-file-
descriptor approach.
* Followed by we have an I2C device exposed as a device through /dev/i2c-0 file.
* No grouping or any other perms going on (yet), all at the root level
access (for now).

After which, questions about concurrency.

* I gather the usual file handling rules apply using open() and close().
* For a process (service, utility, whatever) to access the bus, must
open using open("/dev/i2c-0", O_RDWR).
* What about for multiple processes (services, utilities, watchdogs,
etc)? O_RDWR | O_DSYNC?

I assume there needs to be more of a synchronization integrity check going on?

Regards,

Michael Powell