Re: i2c mux: outdated wiki page

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:06:12 +0100, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> > It seems that in the mean time, at least some of this code has been
> > introduced in mainline Linux, and the wiki page is hence pretty
> > outdated.
>
> Yes. The I2C subsystem is currently handed over from Jean to me, and I
> wanted to ask Jean to update it to the best of his knowledge during the
> transition. Just -EBUSY came along...
>
> @Jean: Do you have a few minutes to do this in the near future?

Yes, I'm reviewing the wiki right now. Thankfully there's not much
content there so it shouldn't take too much time. And I agree it's a
task for me to complete before I leave, as a matter of fairness.

Wolfram, there's one section for you to update:
https://i2c.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_2.6_I2C_development_FAQ#Where_do_all_the_patches_go.3F
I described my work flow there, obviously it's out of date now but only
you can tell what it will be from now on.

It's a little late now so I won't have the time to finish with the
wiki, I'll do the rest (basically the multiplexing page) tomorrow.

> > Although I understand that a wiki can be edited by anyone, I currently
> > don't have the full view on which problems still remain, if any.
> > Therefore I'd like to check with you what the high-level status of the
> > i2c mux support is.
>
> We use it in projects already :)

Yes, the i2c multiplexing code can be considered mature now.

--
Jean Delvare