Re: implementing a slave driver

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:53:12PM +0100, Marc Dietrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the HW I'm using (tegra) can be configured to act as a slave. This function is
> needed to communicate with an embedded controller (which is the master). I
> like to know if this slave function can/should be implemented in the
> i2c/busses/i2c-tegra.c driver or better outside, e.g. in the driver for the
> embedded controller.
>
> I haven't found any other hw so far which has this function and it seems that
> the i2c layer does not provide any interface for the communication with a
> master.

There's a couple of adapters that do this in the ARM world, all the
samsung ones and the most of the pxas (if not all)

It might be worth doing a simple slave driver, but I'm not sure how
many would really want to use it?

--
Ben Dooks, ben@xxxxxxxxx, http://www.fluff.org/ben/

Large Hadron Colada: A large Pina Colada that makes the universe disappear.