Re: Finding 'orphaned' i2c drivers

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Daniel Mack <daniel@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what's the suggested way of implementing an i2c drver which does not
> have any other interfaces to the outside world than just the i2c device
> it is communicating with? More specifically, I implemented a driver for a
> Maxim clock generator and would like to use a proprietary interface with
> it from a alsa-soc module. I just can't find a sane way to access the
> driver's instance from there. It does exist somewhere in the linux
> device tree, but is there a simple function that iterates over it and
> returns it to me by name? Reading include/linux/device.h didn't point me
> to anything that could fit.

The max9485? Which codec are you using it with? I tried submitting the
attached driver for the chip but Jean said it was too simple of a
driver.

I use it like this:

static int dspeak01_fabric_hw_params(struct snd_pcm_substream
*substream, struct snd_pcm_hw_params *params)
{
	uint rate, select;
	int ret;
	struct snd_soc_pcm_runtime *rtd = substream->private_data;
    struct snd_soc_dai *cpu_dai = rtd->dai->cpu_dai;

	printk("dspeak01_fabric_hw_params\n");

	switch (params_rate(params)) {
	case 11025:
	case 22050:
	case 44100:
	case 88200:
	case 176400:
		rate = 22579200;
		select = MAX9485_225792;
		break;
	default:
		rate = 24576000;
		select = MAX9485_245760;
		break;
	}
	max9485_set(fabric.clock, select | MAX9485_CLK_OUT_2);

	ret = cpu_dai->ops.set_sysclk(cpu_dai, MPC52xx_CLK_CELLSLAVE, rate,
SND_SOC_CLOCK_OUT);
	if (ret < 0)
		return ret;

	return 0;