Re: New home for i2c-tools (RFC)

Hi Mike,

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:56:10 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 29 January 2009 04:37:17 Jean Delvare wrote:
> > And there are other options available, such as Gna! or BerliOS. Never
> > used these myself though.
> >
> > [2] https://gna.org/
> > [3] http://developer.berlios.de/
> >
> > As far as I am concerned, I can live with all options, but what I
> > really want to know is: which option would potential future
> > contributors prefer? Please speak up if you care!
>
> any reason for not looking at sf.net ?  they provide svn and everything else
> needed ... they dont provide git currently though so an easy upgrade path like
> is available with berlios is out of the question.

Sourceforge is fat and slow and their mailing lists are filled up with
spam. I have had too much trouble with that site as a user in the past
so I did not even consider it as an option as a developer.

> a quick survey based on packages in gentoo shows sf.net is significantly more
> popular atm than berlios and gna (combined even).

I'm not surprised, Sourceforge is really big. Probably berlios is
essentially popular in Germany and gna essentially popular in France.

> but yes, i could live with any of those sites ...

Thanks,
--
Jean Delvare