Re: Move eeprom drivers to drivers/misc/eeprom

On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> This patch series carries out the proposal and while at it, moves an
> eeprom driver which was already in drivers/misc to the new location.
>
> No code inside the drivers was changed and everything was
> succesfully compile-tested.

Now that thhis is in mainline ... I suggest two more changes:

 - at24 (i2c eeprom) doesn't need to be EXPERIMENTAL

 - we still need interfaces whereby kernel code can be
   given handles to the EEPROM devices, and then use
   them to read board config data out during boot.

Obviously, the first one is easy.  ;)

- Dave