Re: Implementing a new driver

Jean Delvare wrote:

> As a quick starting point I recommend this FAQ item:
> http://i2c.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Linux_2.6_I2C_development_FAQ#New_I2C_bus_drivers

Thanks, this will be useful to get started; anyway, it implies a
knowledge of what is a "bus driver" or a "chip driver". I've read other
articles but I'm still a bit confused. Could you give me a very very
quick description of all kind of i2c-related drivers?

What is the preferred way to actually test the driver, I am quite
comfortable with a solder iron if I have to connect a simple device to
try a connection

bye!
as