Re: Moving at24 out of i2c/chips?

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 09:40:38PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 12:11:20 -0800, David Brownell wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Wolfram Sang wrote:
> > > as drivers/i2c/chips/ is going to go away, I wondered if Jean would be
> > > interested in a patch moving it to drivers/misc/ (best location I could
> > > come up with)? David, are you okay with that?
> >
> > That seems a reasonable place for it, if that directory is going
> > away.  Might even be worth moving the at25 (SPI eeprom) driver
> > there to keep it company, and adding an EEPROM section to Kconfig
> > for that directory.  (There's some 93x6 support too.  Those are a
> > flavor of SPI eeprom, but that driver doesn't use the SPI stack.)
>
> Yes, makes sense to me. The old eeprom driver could go along as well.
> Thanks for taking care of this!

Okay, sounds good. I am just a bit unsure how to proceed. I assume these
changes have to go via gkh's tree. Can I just make a patch series which
moves those drivers, post it to LKML (plus the other needed mailing
lists) and wait for acked-bys to come in? Or is it better to post the
series as [RFC] and collect acked-bys beforehand? Or shall I just move
at24 to the new location and wait for the other eeprom-driver-authors to
follow on their own?

Kind regards,

   Wolfram

--