RE: [EXTERNAL] hv_balloon issues??

The DM feature provides a feedback loop for managing the guest memory dynamically between the min memory and the max memory. If the memory pressure is low, the host will drain the memory out of the guest - the floor on what will be left in the guest is the min memory. It is likely that the host was actively reducing the memory assigned to the guest and there was sudden burst of pressure. Perhaps increasing the min memory would help you case.

K. Y